This coin truly must be seen to be believed.
Struck from 3oz of pure silver, with 24ct gold plating, it has been carefully struck in the shape of the Golden Snitch from Harry Potter.
The theme speaks for itself, honouring the Wizarding World’s most famous sport – Quidditch.
But it is the technical process that is most astounding, taking over a whole year to develop with five integral stages. It is key to note that Mints do not declare their processes as they are closely guarded secrets, but we do know the stages of development.
- Digital recreations of the Golden Snitch are made, which is then struck out of pure .999 Silver twice to achieve the required detail
- 24 carat gold-plating is applied to the Golden Snitch body and then polished to create the raised edges
- Samoa (legal tender) Coat of Arms is applied via Water Transfer Printing Techniques
- The wings are then carefully plated in 24ct gold and polished to give the appearance of feathers
- The wings are attached using a specialist welding technique
These coins are strictly limited to 2,022 and over half the edition limit is already reserved. This edition limit is confirmed on the Certificate of Authenticity.
PLUS, the first 250 buyers will secure a special ‘first strike edition’ of the certificate, confirming their place within the edition limit of the initial striking of the coins.
Don’t delay on securing yours before they are all gone.
Harry Potter Golden Snitch 3oz Silver Coin
(+ £4.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Samoa
- Year of Issue: 2022
- Coin Diameter: N/A
- Coin Weight: 3oz
- Metal:.999 Silver and 24ct Gold-plate
- Finish: Proof-like
- Edition limit: 2,022